20060523


I'd Like to Be, Under the Sea


Well, we are indeed buying the Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Long Bed with the Sports Package. Test drove it - it was a great ride. Used an arrangement through BJ's Wholesale Club and the dealership to only pay $300 over invoice. With a trade in and all was said and done (taxes, tags, fees, etc); $30,000. We're going to put another $8,000 down on it. That should take the monthly payments to around $425, which is less than I'm paying on my car (Mazda 3s Hatchback)! The new truck should be ready to pick up around the end of May, maybe the very beginning of June.

Gonna be nice to have a truck. Vroom vroom!

This weekend was S's birthday. We went down to Point Pleasant, NJ, on the Jersey Shore, for the weekend. Had lunch with her brother, then we went out for a nice dinner later. I got them to do the whole cake and singing thing for her. She was embarrassed, but it was fun all the same. On Sunday we went to the boardwalk, went to the aquarium they have there, then wasted the rest of the day playing Skeeball (just like God) and various other games in the arcade, then we picked up some taffy and steamed crabs and went home. Once we got there, we dug into the crabs. I'm so proud of her - she cleaned and picked two crabs by her self and did a great job at it. She made this Maryland Boy happy! Her Mom then fired up the grill to make some hot dogs, burgers and chicken.

It was a very nice weekend.

Got some news yesterday. Apparently her Mom is going to call the tenants case worker and tell her that she wants them to move out. Then she's going to tell the tenant. As it is right now, S's Mom, sister, S herself and me are all living in that house, with two tenants taking up half of it in the daughter portion of the Mother-Daughter house. S's brother is also planning on moving back home for a little while too.

Can you say full house.

The tenants haven't paid any rent in 2 years because they are seeking Disability. Apparently, it is automatically declined when you put in for it, then you need to prove that you need it. That was 2 years ago. From what S's Mom has told me, this should have been resolved a year ago. She's been letting them live there because they have no place else to go, but, she's fed up with it.

So, some time in June I'll probably be moving into the apartment with S. Maybe July.

June is looking more and more busy.

For the first weekend I'm probably going to go fishing with Tom and the KLM.

On the 10th, S and I will be going into the city to see Dirty Rotten Scoundrels on Broadway. It was a birthday gift from her Mom.

The following weekend (17th & 18th) is Father's Day. I'm going to head down to Maryland and go fishing with my old man on the Choptank River in Cambridge, MD. It'll be nice.

The last weekend, on the 25th, I'll be flying to Raleigh, North Carolina for an IBM class for the week for work.

You know, I'm looking back at the last few posts, and I seem to have lost some "zing". I've gotta start working the humor back into these things. Otherwise, they're just a "this is what's happening to me now."

So, with that in mind, let me tell a story about something in my past, something funny (I hope).

Let's see...

What can I tell...

What can I tell...

Oh, I know!

I'll talk about my experience(s) with Nitrous Oxide!

Let me set the stage.

A couple of guys I worked with were in a band, Sporatic Sunjam. They rented space at a "studio", which was basically just a big room in an old warehouse where they could practice. The owner/manager of the place would get several of the bands together every few months and hold a rave with a door charge.

At one of these I got there early, and I was hanging around with the guys, when the manager walked in. He told us this story about how he was at his house doing some yardwork when he found several mature marijuana plants growing in his back yard.

Joe: "What did you do with them?"
Manager: "What do you think? I harvested them! Want some?"

He then went to his office and returned with a bag FULL of dried pot. All the guys started smoking it. just as a note, I did not. I've never smoked pot. The extent of my drug experimentation is the Nitrous, which I'm moving on to.

Later on, the party is in full swing. People are dropping acid, smoking pot, when all of a sudden the door opens and these guys come in wheeling a tank of Nitrous Oxide. Laughing Gas!

We all proceeded to fill up balloons with the stuff and passing them around.

Now, I don't know if you've ever tried nitrous before, but I know everyone has inhaled helium, or at least heard someone after they've inhaled helium. Their voice rises and they end up sounding like Mickey Mouse. Well, when in inhale nitrous, the opposite effect happens - your voice drops.

So, there we are, inhaling this stuff, holding our breaths until we almost pass out, then letting out these deep giggles.

One of the guys we worked with Reggie, decided he's going to climb up on this little kids chair next to me. He's standing on it, laughing his ass off screaming "I'm flying! I'm flying!", meanwhile, I'm sitting on the floor next to him, also laughing my ass off, screaming "Get him down before he falls on me!"

You know, my memory hasn't been that great ever since that night...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good choice on your car. By the way, did you know that the Tacoma received awards along with the Land Cruiser. Just so you know you did get a good car.

21:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home